MORE ABOUT TESTING
State Testing Requirements
PSAT, SAT, ACT, AP, and more
Search Our Website
College Board announced new security measures to be implemented in the 2012-13 academic year, in response to the recent test-taking cheating scandal that took place on Long Island last year.
According to the College Board's website, New SAT Identification Requirements
- Students will be required to provide the name of their attending high school during registration. Once SAT registration opens for the 2012-13 school year, registrations submitted without attending high school will not be processed.
- Students will be required to submit a current, recognizable photo during registration that will be included on a new photo admission ticket. Students may upload a digital photo or mail one in with their paper registration form.
- Students must request changes to their test location and/or type of test in advance. No changes will be permitted on test day.
- Students must preregister for the SAT and SAT Subject Tests. Standby (walk-in) testing will no longer be permitted. Registration will include full name, date of birth, and gender.
- Students will be required to present their photo admission ticket for admittance to their designated test center, along with an acceptable form of photo ID. Failure to bring both items on the test day will result in the student not being admitted to the test.
- Test-takers will be subject to additional ID checks throughout test day.
- Test-takers will be required to sign a more comprehensive certification statement on the SAT answer sheet:
- Attesting to the accuracy of the information provided on their admission ticket and answer sheet
- Agreeing to comply with all test security and fairness policies
- Acknowledging that engaging in impersonation could result in referral to law enforcement and prosecution
- A registration data repository will be created containing the information and photo provided by the test-taker at the time of registration and used to produce the photo admission ticket required for test center admittance. High schools, colleges and universities, and other institutions that receive SAT scores will have access to the repository, as will the ETS Office of Testing Integrity. The registration data repository will not include test scores.
August 24, 2019
E-mail: Hand In Hand Education
Last Updated June 28, 2012