Homeschool Kids
Hand In Hand Education

Special Needs
About Us

Special Education

IDEA Law and the IEP Process

Special Education Testing

Learning Disabilities

Visual Impairments

Autism and Asperger's

Consultations With Hand In Hand


Search Our Website

Get to know the alphabet soup of advanced degrees.

DegreePractice Area
SLP-CCCSpeech Language Pathologist - Certificate of Clinical Competence
A graduate level degree that allows a person to provide speech therapy services for a wide range of issues.
M.A.T.Masters of Arts in Teaching
A graduate level teaching degree that includes coursework in teaching practices and additional studies in a content area specialty, such as math or science.
M.Ed.Masters of Education
An advanced postgraduate degree that specializes in curriculum and instruction and/or school counseling.
Ph.D.Doctor of Philosophy
The highest degree earned in most fields of study, including school psychology - a combination of educational and clinical psychology. Neuropsychologists generally hold a Ph.D., as well as additional three years of post-doctoral training.
Ed.D.Doctor of Education
This degree prepares a person for an academic, administrative, clinical, or research position in the field of education.
Psy.D.Doctor of Psychology
This degree allows a person to practice clinical psychology, which focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.

Read More

  • What is Dyslexia?
    Understanding the three basic causes of reading disabilities.
  • Diagnosing Dyslexia
    The process for determining if a child's learning problems are caused by a learning disability.


March 30, 2020


© 2016       E-mail: Hand In Hand Education     |     Privacy Policy     |         Contact Us                                         Last Updated September 19, 2019